Do you like rocket ships? We do too. In fact, we often imagine we’re on an important space mission – not afraid to stretch the limits of what’s possible. But heading into the unknown requires incredible teamwork and talent to achieve success. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a few good team players to make this happen – people with a knack for learning, solving problems and perhaps a few good recipes, songs, jokes or special talents to share.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Senior Services Engineer
Job Location: Pleasant Grove, UT and / or remote
Who We Are
Neuro-ID is a next-gen behavioral analytics provider that provides actionable insight to reduce fraud while improving conversion and customer experience. As a pioneer in the area of human analytics, we are constantly pushing the scientific boundaries of understanding users’ digital body language, to reveal users’ emotion and intent in online contexts. We empower some of the largest brands in the world. Having initially positioned our technology in the FinTech market, in 2020 Business Insider reported that Neuro-ID was one of the top-38 “next generation of breakout B2B startups…follow[ing] in the footsteps of Plaid and Stripe”. In addition, LendIt Fintech selected Neuro-ID as a finalist for “Fintech Innovator of the Year”. Founded by 2 world renowned PH.D’s from University of Arizona and BYU, and led by a team of seasoned executives, we are now looking to make strategic key additions to our team to expand our product offerings as we prepare to enter new verticals.
We are seeking a team player to provide thought leadership and development expertise for our backend architecture. We are in an exciting growth stage of our business where we are preparing for rapid scale and automated, self-service products. We are looking for someone with experience in designing and developing robust maintainable enterprise-level backend services to enable and support these initiatives. Ingenuity and creativity are desired as we strive to expand rapidly to capture the green field of business opportunity in front of us. Neuro-ID was built in the cloud, and we are looking for someone with AWS expertise to help us more efficiently operate in the cloud. Our architecture is primarily written in Java, and you will collaborate with a talented software team in architecting, programming, and delivering Neuro-ID’s innovative services to clients. If you are looking for a great environment with challenging problems to solve without a legacy infrastructure, come see how we match up.
- Reports directly to the Director of Development
- Will architect, coordinate efforts, and help develop improvements to our backend services architecture with a focus on cost, reliability, and scalability of our tech stack in AWS.
- Will work with the Development, DevOps, and Data Management team members.
- Help develop the overarching strategy for backend services at Neuro-ID, with short and long term initiatives.
- Architect data flow solutions in our backend to meet various in-house and customer-facing needs
- Clear communicator of needs and progress of initiatives
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Experience
- Experience in fast-paced, highly innovative SaaS startup and scale-up companies.
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience
- Strong understanding of AWS backend services (datastores, streaming, serverless, container) and optimizing for scale and cost
- Knowledge of distributed processes and big data platforms (EMR, KDS)
- Experience in big data applications
- Ability to architect data flow logic and efficient patterns
- Experience with process automation
- In-depth experience programming with Java (or other structured languages)
- Experience writing robust and maintainable code following best practices (SOLID)
- Integrate cost and performance modeling within services and systems
- Experience with virtualization and containerization – Docker and Container Orchestration
- Ability to collaborate well with a team
- High “EQ” – good listening skills, clear and direct communicator with very high integrity.
- Agile – scrum style for platform teams (we believe in the agile manifesto)
- Modern, collaborative product management discipline
- Direct customer feedback – see how you make a difference every day
A Day in the Life…
- Standup / Sprint Planning / Sprint Review / Retrospectives
- Collaborative coding/code reviews
- Mentoring and bleeding-edge technology exposure and exploration
- Process and infrastructure improvements
- Heads downtime to support forward progress
- Regular after-hours social opportunities (always optional)
- Competitive salary.
- Own a slice of a rocket ship! We offer equity stock options for all our employees with fair vesting and strike price terms.
- Flexible health insurance reimbursement program.
- Experience our company culture at a whole other level during our action packed, outdoor adventures themed company off-sites 2x / year. January’s off-site is in Tucson, Arizona and July’s off-site is in Whitefish, Montana.
- A startup culture tuned for success – with complete transparency of the entire business’ performance
- Work at home flexibility
- Well-stocked, vibrant office
- Unmetered paid time off
- Employee recognition, training, and mentoring opportunities
- Customers that you recognize and a sales team that regularly wins against Fortune 500 competitors
- Make a real difference in a fast-growing company